Saturday, December 5, 2015

 "George Frideric Handel." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 3 Dec. 2015. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.  













This is a picture of me. I was born February 23, 1685, in Halle, Germany. I don’t remember when this picture taken but I assume it was early to mid 1700s. In this picture I was probably in my mid-40s.

 "George Frideric Handel." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 3 Dec. 2015. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.  
This is a picture of the Hamburg Opera am Gänsemarkt. I started playing violin here when I was 18. I joined as a violinist and harpsichordist in 1703. This picture is from 1726. I have many good memories playing here.


 "Zachow (Zachau), Friedrich Wilhelm (1663-1712)." Jim R Stockigt. 2010. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.  
This is a picture of Friedrich Wilhelm Zachow. He was my first mentor. He has taught me most of what I know about today. He taught me how to play and compose on oboe, organ, and harpsichord. He is one of the most influential musicians that I have gotten to work with.



 "Handel - Lascia Ch'io Pianga from Rinaldo Sheet Music for Flute." - 8notes.com. Red Balloon Technology Ltd. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. 
This is a part from one of my most famous pieces Rinaldo. This was the piece, which established me as one of the great composers of my time. I composed this in 1711. It was first performed February 24th 1711.


 "George Frideric Handel." : Biography. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.
http://www.classiccat.net/handel_gf/biography.php  
This is a statue of me made by Louis Francois Roubiliac. It’s made out of carved marble. This was made in 1738. This makes me look very important don’t you think?

"Handel's Messiah." British Library Prints. Web. 6 Dec. 2015.
<http://prints.bl.uk/art/406566/handels-messiah>.
.

This is a page from what people say is my most famous piece. I composed Messiah in 1741. It took me 24 days to write this piece. This piece is still preformed all around the world today.
 Tommasini, Anthony. "Anna Nicole, Jimi Hendrix and Handel in London." ArtsBeat Anna Nicole Jimi Hendrix and Handel in London Comments. New York Times Company, 15 Feb. 2011. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. 

This is a picture of the house where I  composed The Messiah. It took me 24 days to compose the piece. It is located on Brook Street in Mayfair, London. I lived there for 36 years. The house is now a museum.


 "George Frederick Handel (1685-1759). German (naturalized British) Composer. Hendels Birthplace At Halle, Germany. Wood Engraving, 1859 by Granger." Fine Art America. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. 
<http://fineartamerica.com/featured/george-frederick-handel-1685-1759-german-naturalized-british-composer-hendels-birthplace-at-halle-germany-wood-engraving-1859-granger.html>. 
This is the house I grew up in, Big right? My dad was against me playing music and he wanted me to study law. I got my hand on a clavichord and played it in the attic when my parents where asleep. I was very desperate to play music.


 "Quotes by George Frideric Handel." @ Like Success. 2015. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. 
<http://likesuccess.com/author/george-frideric-handel>. 
I am very passionate about how I make people feel when they listen to my music. This is something I wrote in a letter to James Beattie. I was referring to lord Kinnoull’s opinion of my composition “The Messiah” which he said was entertaining. I did not take that as a compliment.


 "Royal Choral Society: 'Hallelujah Chorus' from Handel's Messiah." YouTube. YouTube, 23 Apr. 2012. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c&noredirect=1>. 

  This is a video of what will become my most well known song. It was written in my house that in about 200 years would be the neighboring house to guitar legends Jimi Hendrix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment